Mice are notorious pests that can cause significant problems in your home. Not only do they carry diseases, but they can also destroy your belongings and contamination your food. Even worse, mice can multiply rapidly, making it difficult to control them once they’ve taken hold. Identifying signs of a mouse infestation early on is essential to keep it from becoming a full-blown problem. In this blog post, we’ll discuss some of the most common signs that you have a mouse infestation and how we can help you get rid of them.
1. Droppings: The most obvious sign of a mouse infestation is droppings. Mice droppings can be found anywhere mice have been, including on countertops, in drawers, and under sinks. Since mice produce many droppings, it’s crucial to pay attention to them if you spot them. Cockroach droppings are often smaller, allowing you to differentiate them from mouse droppings.
2. Chew marks: Mice are notorious for their tendency to gnaw on anything they can find. This includes wires, insulation, furniture, and even walls. If you notice chew marks on your belongings or in your home, it’s likely that mice are the culprits.
3. Nests: Mice often build nests in hidden corners, making them difficult to spot. They can use anything from shredded paper to fabric to build their nests. If you see any materials that look like they could be used for nesting, it’s time to call in the professionals.
4. Scratching or scuffling noises: Mice are active mostly at night and usually leave their nests in search of food. If you hear scratching or scuffling noises in your walls or ceiling at night, it’s likely that mice have come to call your property home.
5. Sighting live mice: The ultimate sign that you have a mouse infestation is sight of one (or more) live mice. Mice are elusive creatures at times, so it is essential to act as soon as you see one.
If you notice any of the above signs of a mouse infestation, it’s vital to act as soon as possible. Mice can multiply quickly, making it difficult to control the infestation once it takes hold. Fortunately, a pest control professional like On the Fly Pest Solutions can help you get rid of mice and prevent future infestations. We have a variety of effective methods to eliminate mice infestations quickly and safely. Our team of experts can help identify the root cause of the problem and then tailor the treatment accordingly. Contact us today to schedule a mouse inspection and get started removing these little pests from your home.